Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Thank You For Being a Friend

Golden Girl Gone

Estelle Getty, probably best known for her role as "Ma" Sophia, on Golden Girls passed away today at the age of 84.

A true screen gem, and in my mind a comedic genius.

Dorothy: Ma, what the hell are you doing?! (at finding Sophia standing naked in front of the fridge)
Sophia: I'm giving the left-over meatloaf a thrill – what do you think I'm doing, it's hot as hell in here!
Dorothy: Well, close it before the food spoils.
Sophia: Okay. [covers herself]
Dorothy: I meant the refrigerator

Thanks for the many years of laughter you gave us. You will be missed.

Thank you for being a friend
Traveled down the road and back again
Your heart is true
You're a pal and a confidant

And if you threw a party
And invited everyone you knew
You would see the the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say
THANK YOU FOR BEING A FRIEND!!

No comments: