Friday, March 13, 2009

The "I'm not Him" Conundrum

Have you ever met someone or found yourself being the someone who is trying so hard not to be identified with their predecessor that they or you end up doing things that are actually worse than or just as bad as them?

While I was not the biggest fan of former president Bush, I agreed with some of his policies. As the term of our new president unfolds I cannot help but wonder at or be concerned that there may be too much of a push to be the polar opposite of the last administration. I am concerned that in the effort to follow through on the promises of change that some of the things that have worked well will be sacrificed simply because of their ties to the past. I don't think it is ever wise to cut off your nose to spite your face. If something has been working then it should stay in place. As the saying goes, "if it ain't broke don't fix it". It is my sincerest hope that this new administration will focus more on doing what is right for the country as a whole, than on being the polar opposite of the last administration.

1 comment:

metgirl4ever said...

Great post...and soo true. There are some good programs that Bush had, they just got over shadowed by the mistakes he made.